The deadline to register to vote in November’s general election is fast approaching. The Franklin County election board provides this information about the process:
What are the requirements to register to vote in Pennsylvania?
- Must be a citizen of the United States for at least one month before the election,
- Plus, a resident of PA and the election district (municipality or precinct) in which the individual desires to register to vote for at least 30 days before the election, and
- Must be at least 18 years of age on or before the date of the election.
How Do I Submit My Initial Voter Registration Application or Change of Name, Address or Party Affiliation?
Submit online by going to: www.vote.pa.gov.
- By mail in one of two ways:
- Obtain a mail application from a candidate, political party and other Federal, State, and municipal offices. You may also request one from the Department of State’s website at www.vote.pa.gov.
- Download the voter registration application available from the Department of State’s website at www.vote.pa.gov or from the County’s website at www.franklincountypa.gov.
IMPORTANT: If you are already registered and just need to update your information, you will need to check one of the boxes on the voter registration form to Change Name, Change Address and/or Change Party.
3. Apply at a government agency. Clients of these government agencies may apply to register to vote or make a change to their registration at:
- State offices that provide public assistance, WIC and services to persons with disabilities
- Armed Forces Recruitment Centers
- County’s Clerk of Courts Office
- Area Agencies on Aging & County Mental Health/Intellectual Disabilities Offices
- Centers for Independent Living
- State Park Offices and state veterans homes
- CareerLink offices and at library locations through the Dept. of Education.
What is the Deadline to Register to Vote or Change my Name, Address and/or Party on my Voter Registration?
The deadline to apply for a Change of Name, Address and/or Party or to make a New Registration for the upcoming General Election is also fast approaching, on Monday, October 24th. If your application is received or postmarked after that date, it will be processed for the 2023 Municipal Primary Election in May. Once the application is processed, each voter will receive a voter registration card in the mail which will notate the location of their polling place.
Direct questions concerning registering to vote or updating a voter’s registration information to the Voter Registration Office at (717) 261-3886 or the Franklin County Election Board at (717) 261-3810. You will also find additional election and voter registration information at the County’s website, www.franklincountypa.gov.