Downtown Chambersburg Inc Offers Tips to Stay Safe, Support Business
Chambersburg’s downtown merchants are reaching out to the community to reassure area residents that they are doing all they can to keep the larger community safe during the Coronavirus crisis.
Downtown Chambersburg Inc. released a webpage this week to help interested parties and customers understand how to be safe and support downtown Chambersburg businesses.
You can help small businesses by:
- Shopping online or via phone. See below for a list of downtown retailers with remote shopping options available.
- If you do not need anything specific at the moment but still want to support local, buy gift cards to spend later.
- For restaurants, order takeout or delivery and tip the same amount as you would dining in.
- If you typically order wholesale products with local retailers later in the year, place your orders now.
- Share this post and information widely so others know how to help.
Where to Shop Safely
- REmix Design, 717-372-5691. Taking orders through their Facebook page.
- Black and Blush Boutique, 717-504-8466. Live sales through Facebook. Order online.
- Vast Vapor, 717-496-3776, Open. Pickup and pay service on the website. Order online for shipping.
- Gardens by Grace, 717-267-3177. Order by phone and Amazon.
- Olympia Candy Kitchen, 717-263-3282. Call for carryout service. Order online.
- Rob’s Shoe Repair, 717-496-3406. Open.
- Beam Graphix, 717-660-2727, Curbside service by appointment.
- Lotus Moon, 717-360-9722, Curbside service, By Appointment. Online Sales.
- Your CBD Store, 717-360-4001. Curbside pickup, Free delivery. Free phone consultations.
- Ludwig Jewelers, 717-264-7693. Call or Facebook message for service.
- The Garage Studios, 717-404-3184.Taking appointments for glass blowing.
- The Gift Enclosure, 717-264-1695.Curbside and deliveries. Online ordering.
- Here’s Looking at You, 717-263-8529, call ahead for pickup service.
- Another Man’s Treasure, 717-263-8529, call ahead for curbside service.
- Merle Norman, 717-264-1791. Call ahead for carryout service.
- Lyons & Co., 717-263-9254. Call for an appointment.
- JARWoodcraft, 717-552-2086. Facebook sales, appointments, curbside pickup.
- Chambers Apothecary, 717-263-0747. Open. Drive-thru and Delivery services are available.
For Food, Beer and Coffee
- Veroni Cafe, 717-494-5354. Curbside and carry out. Door Dash delivery
- Main Street Deli, 717-267-2510. Curbside and carryout. Door Dash and GrubHub delivery.
- Denim Coffee, 717-559-3141.Take out service. Shop, order coffee beans online.
- Falafel Shack, 717-404-8282. Carryout, delivery and curbside service. Order online.
- Square 1, 717-660-2861, Delivery and carryout service.
- Don Checkos, 717-264-1717. Carryout service.
- Roy Pitz Beer Stube, 717-496-8753. take out beer service.
- Gear House Brewing, 717-552-2427. Delivery, drive thru, curbside and carryout food and beer.
- JanZell Wines and Ciders, 717-553-9756. Carryout service.
- Mikey’s Mini Donuts, 717-729-6706. Carryout service.
Info for Small Downtown Businesses
Downtown Chambersburg Inc. is actively providing resources to our small businesses. Downtown businesses that would like to hear about the resources out there during the COVID-19 outbreak can email [email protected].
The safety of Downtown Chambersburg’s residents, workers and visitors are very important to Downtown Chambersburg Inc.
“We are monitoring all recommendations and updates from government officials surrounding COVID-19,” DCI President Sam Thrush said. “We will inform our stakeholders about relevant changes.
Main Street organizations have an essential role to play in supporting businesses during this difficult period, Thrush said.
DCI will post and update small business resources on the new webpage and on a new Downtown Chambersburg Business & Stakeholders Facebook Group as they become available.
“Downtown Chambersburg Inc. is here for you, during the unknown, and when fears about the virus subside,” Thursh said this week. “Please reach out if you need anything. We will be actively supporting businesses and our community throughout COVID-19.”
Message to the Larger Community
During this time of adjustments to social events, work schedules, and travel, DCI encourages area residents to remember our small businesses in downtown Chambersburg and throughout our community. Please support them even if you cannot visit them physically.
Many downtown businesses are taking extra steps to ensure their spaces are clean and safe for customers. Please follow guidance and news from public health officials (Wellspan Health and Keystone Health) regarding social distancing and proper health etiquette if and when visiting businesses and public spaces.
Many of downtown businesses are working on increasing their social media and online presence. Additionally, several are unveiling delivery, drive-thru and curb-side service to their to-go services. This is even more important now with the Governor requesting that all non-essential businesses to close for a period of time.
First and foremost, prioritize and take all health and safety precautions for yourself and others in our community. Our community health as a whole depends on working together, and our small businesses are the lifeblood of the downtown Chambersburg economy. We want to make sure they continue to stay successful while maintaining appropriate public health safety measures.
Downtown business owners can reach out to Sam Thrush via [email protected] for help locating local resources.