The Franklin County Historical Society will open Brown’s Mill School for tours by donation on Saturday
August 6 & Sunday August 7 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm.
Brown’s Mill School
Brown’s Mill School was built in 1836, two years after the Pennsylvania Legislature passed the Free School Act. In 1921 the school closed and stood empty, deteriorating until 1934 when a Memorial Association was formed to restore the building. The Brown’s Mill School was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. The school is located at the intersection of Angle Road and Kauffman Road in Kauffman Station, midway between Marion and Greencastle.
For More Information
For more information, visitors may visit franklinhistorical.org. Or Contact:
Ann Hull, Director FCHS-K