Heart of the Holiday adds another dimension to an event that has become a holiday staple in Franklin County — the Franklin County Festival of Trees, sponsored by the Franklin County Visitors Bureau. This holiday season marks the fourth annual Festival event held at the Franklin County 11/30 Visitors Center.
Cumberland Valley Breast Care Alliance is again the benefactor of the funds raised from the event. New in 2022, FCVB is joining forces with Homeless Matters and Grocery Outlet to bring another community connection to Festival of Trees by adding a 12-days of Christmas event called Sharing the Heart of the Holiday.
Sharing the Heart of the Holiday is a giving and receiving event that features a collection of twelve items to support Franklin County residents that need a little help this holiday season.
READ: 4th annual tree festival
12 days of giving
Each of the twelve days has a featured item to correspond with each day of Festival of Trees. Franklin County Visitors Bureau, Homeless Matters, and Grocery Outlet hope to make this an annual part of Festival of Trees. The twelve days and the highlighted collection for each day are:
- Coats for Kids, November 19
- Books of All Kinds, November 20
- Grocery Gift Cards, November 21
- Mittens/Gloves, Scarves, Hats, November 22
- November 23 – Laundry & Hygiene Items
- (Collections pause on November 24 and 25
- Gas Gift Cards, November 26
- Coats for Entire Family ALL Sizes, November 27
- Games & Snacks for Family Fun Night, November 28
- Art & School Supplies, November 29
- Baby Clothes, Formula & Baby Items, November 30
- Blankets & Linens, December 1
- Toys, December 2
“Homeless Matters strives to ease the burdens that face families and assist in providing an opportunity to be successful, even in the face of such personal hardships. Through this wonderful collaboration we can lessen the burden this holiday season and share the heart of the holidays,” said Jacqui Wolfe, the driving force behind Homeless Matters.
Rachel Fulton, co-owner of Grocery Outlet, added, “Grocery Outlet is honored to work with such amazing organizations. We are excited to be a donation location!”
More donation locations include:
- Franklin County Visitors Bureau,
- Greater Waynesboro Chamber of Commerce,
- Greencastle Chamber of Commerce,
- Shippensburg Chamber of Commerce,
- Franklin County Area Development,
- Waynesboro YMCA,
- Chambersburg YMCA,
- Coyle Free Library,
- Grove Family Library,
- Elks Lodge of Chambersburg,
- Penn National Golf Course Community,
- Sweet Dandelion and
- One North Main & Bakery Shop in Mercersburg and Cornerstone Financial.
“Bring any of the twelve donation items on any day and add to the collection containers at locations throughout Franklin County. Your gift to Sharing the Heart of the Holiday makes a difference in Franklin County,” said Janet Pollard of the Franklin County Visitors Bureau.
The Franklin County Visitors Bureau, Homeless Matters, and Grocery Outlet invite the public to join the cause by visiting one of the drop-off locations, beginning November 17. Items will be collected through December 5, 2022.