Job openings found locally
Job openings can be found locally, even at a time when some businesses have had to close their doors and lay off employees to prevent the spread Of the Coronavirus.
Here Is a roundup of openings In and around Franklin County, as seen on social media and business websites.
Tender Loving Care
Tender Loving Care LLC, a home and business cleaning service, is expanding and in need of good reliable cleaners. Monday Through Friday, No weekends , No major holidays. $11.00 A hour to start.
Company vehicles provided.
If interested please feel free to stop by the office at 30 West Main Street in Waynesboro and have a chat with the owner!
Olympic Steel’s Chambersburg facilities consist of two state-of-the-art operations on 26 acres. The main facility is located on Nitterhouse Drive. EZ-Dumper®, which designs and manufactures durable, dependable hydraulic dump inserts, is also a part of the firm’s Franklin County Operations.
WELDER/ASSEMBLER (1st SHIFT)
- Company:Olympic Steel
- Job Location(s):Chambersburg, PA
- Employment Type: Full Time, 40 Hours week
- Shift: 7 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Starting Salary Range: Not provided
- Required Education: High School or Equivalent
- Required Experience: 2 to 20+ years
- Related Categories: Skilled Trades – Machinist, Production – Metal/Plastic Workers, Skilled Trades – General
Notes: Olympic Steel offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement opportunities, various bonus programs, profit sharing, and much more.
The Weldersupports and contributes to continuous improvement initiatives and strives to improve safety, quality, and efficiency in all areas of responsibility. The Welder is responsible for the set up and welding of parts as assigned by Production Supervisor. This person may also be responsible for general assembly and other various mechanical duties as needed.
- High School or GED equivalent
- Ability to interpret blue prints
- MIG Welding experience
- Experience welding stainless steel a huge plus
- Mechanically inclined, production oriented, and safety and quality conscious
- General knowledge of crane operation and ancillary lifting devices
- Basic math skills
- Detail oriented with ability to inspect material for quality conformance through the use of measuring devices and drawings
D.L. Martin Co. openings
D.L. Martin Companywas founded by Donnie L. Martin in 1962 whenhe purchased a 3,000 square-foot machine shop in Mercersburg and hired his first two employees.
Today the firm employs a work force of almost 200. This week it has 10 job openings listed at both its Mercersburg and East Berlin facilities. A few are listed here, but you can find others on the company’s Facebook page.
Laser technician: $22-$26 hour
This position is the working leader for all of the laser equipment in East Berlin, PA facility. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge related to operating, programming, maintaining and troubleshooting of 2D laser metal cutting equipment. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are also critical success factors for this role.
Essential Job Duties:
• Setup and Operate Lasers in the Facility
• Troubleshoot and Track Issues Affecting Operation
• Monitor and Ensure Proper Laser Related Equipment Maintenance
• Lead Laser Activity for the Plant
• Ensure Good Communication and Alignment Between the Laser Cell and Other Departments
• Learn Metamation Part Programming System as a Backup When Required
• Work from manufacturing information, computer information, work instructions, drawings, sketches, and written and/or oral instructions.
• Demonstrate and Promote Behavior Aligned with Company Culture and Policies
• Perform other duties, as instructed, necessitated by change or condition.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 5 years of laser experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to read drawings and use inspection equipment preferred
• Experience with managing / adjusting “tech table” parameters to optimize cutting performance/results
If you have a resume, please email it to [email protected]
Laser operator: $22-$26 hour
This position is a full time position 2nd shift at D.L. Martin’s Mercersburg facility. The company offers competitive wages and benefits!
The ideal candidate would have experience setting up and operating various types of laser systems.
- Operate / Set up Laser Systems
- Download nest based on schedule or oral directions.
- Perform lens adjustments for cutting materials as required.
- Do tape shots and cleaning of lens.
- Check water levels of the machines/potential leaks in the system.
- Check parts for accuracy to quality standards; cut patterns and burrs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of prior fabrication experience
- Ability to read drawings and use inspection equipment
Assembly position: $13.50-$14.50 hour
This position is a full time position on 2nd shift at D. L. Martin Company‘s Mercersburg facility.
Ideal Candidate would be able to assemble metal products partially or completely while working at a bench or on the shop floor
- Positions parts according to blueprints or work instructions for unit being assembled.
- Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets or other fasteners.
- Removes small quantities of metal with hand files and scrapers to produce close fit between parts.
- Operates hand and portable electric or pneumatic tools to assist in assembly operation.
- Disassembles products not operational or unwanted for salvage of parts.
- Lifts work piece, manually or using hoist, and secures in fixture for assembly.
- Prepares finished assembly for shipping.
- Keeps accurate records, company logs, QC, etc.
- •Helps to maintain a clean and safe work area.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
Machine maintenance mechanic: $18-$22 hour
Ideal candidate would have experience troubleshooting and repairing various types of fabrication machinery including but not limited to Laser Cutting Equipment and Press Brakes.
Troubleshoots and repairs complex mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic problems on a wide variety of machine tools.
Include, but are not limited to, the following but other duties and responsibilities may be assigned:
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of problems and makes necessary repairs.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Repairs building problems including repairing minor oil leaks, replacing lamps and bulbs, re-pairing doors, and repairing water and air piping.
- Initiates purchase requisitions for necessary repair parts.
Environmentally aware when disposing of used fluids and other material to comply with D.L. Martin Environmental Policy.
Welder: $16-$19 hour
This position is a full time position on 2nd shift at the Mercersburg, PA Facility of D. L. Martin Company.
The ideal candidate will be experienced with welding fabricated, cast and forged components.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly and welding.
- Lays out, positions, aligns and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up and welds parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc or gas welding equipment.
- Read blueprints and or work instructions for proper specifications and dimensions
- Ability to set machine parameters/settings based off of material thickness being welded
- Ability to pass weld test
- Layout, position and fit components
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
Wages are dependent upon experience and skill level.