Health care heroes: Know a super hero? Nominate them!
Know a super hero nurse, doctor or other health care worker deserving of special recognition?
The Greater Chambersburg Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations of health care workers to recognize during Health Care Heroes Appreciation Week, March 23-30 in Franklin County, Pa.
Local residents are invited to nominate health care heroes they feel exemplify the characteristics listed in the award categories below including leadership, extraordinary care, outstanding work ethic, etc. Winners will be recognized at the virtual Health Care Heroes Awards Ceremony, sponsored by M&T Bank, on March 23 at 8 a.m. which will kick-off the weeklong celebration.
Community members may nominate health care workers at this link.
So, if you know a super hero, nominate them now. The nomination requires an essay describing the attributes that make your hero such a super hero.
Seven Super Hero categories
- Rising Star Award – Has been in the health care field for three years or less and already demonstrates enormous promise for the profession.
- Client Impact Award – Frequently recognized or praised for their efforts that make an impact on the quality of their clients’ lives.
- Above and Beyond Award – Passionate about providing extraordinary care to their clients in ways that exceed expectations.
- Health Care Heroes Leadership Award – Serves as a role model and demonstrates teamwork and a willingness to help other workers and staff.
- Exceptional Dedication Award – Has performed outstanding work in the health care field each year for the last ten or more years.
- Health Care Worker of the Year – The best of the best – outstanding in every area.
- Outstanding Covid Care Award – Demonstrated ingenuity and resilience in the health care industry during the global pandemic.
Virtual ceremony planned
The virtual ceremony will recognize those most deserving of our admiration and include a special Covid-19 update and the premiere of the Franklin County Health Care Heroes Tribute Video. Presented by F&M Trust, Health Care Heroes Appreciation Week will include various activities such as appreciation meals, community blood drive, Thank You Health Care Heroes sign campaign, business discounts, raffle items and much more.
Special thanks to the following local businesses for their support of Health Care Heroes Appreciation Week: F&M Trust; Cross & Crown; Menno Haven; New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc.; M&T Bank; Gabler, Inc.; Bartlett Tree Experts; Chick-fil-A; Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc.; Jennings Chevrolet, Buick, GMC; LB Water; Tommy’s Express Car Wash; SEK, CPAs & Advisors; Stouffer Mechanical Contractor; Valley Agency Company; Penn National Insurance; ACNB Bank; Chambersburg Neighbors with Best Version Media; Decorating Den Interiors; Dogwatch by Perry Fence and R. Perry Fence Co. LLC.