New Orleans is famous for its seafood, gumbo and its hot cajun spice mix. In this recipe, we dry rub chicken breasts with a hot cajun spice mix cooked to tender perfection in a foil pouch with shrimp, potatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions.
Using a foil pouch this recipe is fast and easy. Everything goes in the pouch and you cook it on your grill or in your oven. 10 minutes to prep it and 30 minutes to cook it.
So give it a try and bring some southern heat to your table with this spicy one skillet chicken dinner. It’s easy to make and tasty as sin.
Beware – the cajun spice makes this chicken very hot, a tall glass of milk or a piece of bread will help cool the burn.
New Orleans Style Cajun Chicken
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups Shrimp
- 1 cups Potatoes cubed
- 1 cups Carrots chopped
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1 large Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 cups Button Mushrooms sliced
- 4 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Wash chicken breasts with cool running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub both sides of the chicken breast with generous amounts of dry cajun seasoning mix.
- Chop the potatoes, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, and carrots.
- In the mixing bowl add vegetables, shrimp and 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning mix and stir thoroughly.
- In a foil pouch place, the vegetable shrimp mix then put the butter on top and place chicken on top of everything.
- Seal the pouch and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove from oven, plate and serve.