The month of May is physical activity awareness month and mental health awareness month. Healthy Franklin County is coordinating an education campaign — Passport to Wellness — to increase awareness of community partners’ health and wellness programs and resources by creating an opportunity for engagement with their programs. The program is free and open to anyone in the community. Exercise, eating healthy and social connectedness improve well-being. From parks and trails, to walking, running and cycling groups to farmers markets and a variety of social support opportunities, Franklin County has a lot to offer those seeking ways to improve their overall well-being. The passports are designed to connect residents of all ages to resources that increase physical activity and to decrease stress and anxiety. The Passport to Wellness program starts May 1st and ends May 31st.
How Does It Work?
- Complete any activity listed on the Healthy Franklin County events calendar from May 1, 2022 and end May 31, 2022.
- Turn in your passport (take a picture or scan) to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to or drop off at the Sentry Building at 785 5th Avenue, Chambersburg, PA.
- Complete a survey by June 3rd (it will be emailed to you after your passport has been turned in) to earn WellSpan Health Market Bucks to redeem at local farmer’s markets*!
- Complete 3 events and receive $5 WellSpan Health Market Bucks
- Complete 5 events and receive $10 WellSpan Health Market Bucks
- Complete 8 or more events and receive $15 WellSpan Health Market Bucks
- Passports can be downloaded here in English and Spanish. Passports can also be picked up at the following locations starting on May 1st:
- Franklin County Libraries including Coyle Free, Grove, Besore, St. Thomas, Blue Ridge Summit and the Bookmobile
- Mental Health Association of Franklin and Fulton Counties
- Chambersburg YMCA
Passports can also be requested (while supplies last) by emailing email@example.com. *Participating farmer’s markets include Waynesboro Downtown Market, Ship Open Air Market,Maplewood Produce and Greenhouse, Jim’s Farmers Market,North Square Farmers Market, Andrew’s Farm Market and Shady Grove Farms. Visit getfitfranklincounty.org to learn about other resources, programs, and tools to help you navigate your health and wellness journey!