GETTYSBURG, PA (Sept. 19, 2019) — A 22-year-old man accused of beating, choking and raping a woman Wednesday at a location in Adams County is in custody today.
Pennsylvania State Police arrested Eduard Venegas Del Muro, 22, of New Cumberland, on a warrant issued by Adams County Magisterial District Judge Tony J. Little on Wednesday. Police did not provide details about the circumstances surrounding his arrest.
Charges against Venegas Del Muro include:
- Aggravated Assault (F1)
- Kidnap To Facilitate A Felony (F1)
- Kidnap To Inflict Inj/Terror (F1)
- Rape Forcible Compulsion (F2)
- Sexual Assault (F1)
- Strangulation – Applying Pressure to Throat or Neck (F2)
- Criminal Use Of Communication Facility (F3)
- Unlawful Restraint/ Serious Bodily Injury (M1)
- False Imprisonment (M2)
- Simple Assault (M2)
- Recklessly Endangering Another Person (M2)
- Indecent Assault-W/O Cons Of Other (M2)
- Indecent Exposure (M2)
According to police, Venegas Del Muro met the victim, a 22-year-old York Springs woman, on the social media dating app Tinder. They agreed to meet in person.
Police said the two were driving in Venegas Del Muro’s vehicle when he stopped and they both got out. That’s when Venegas Del Muro allegedly attacked the woman.
Police said the rape happened after the man repeatedly struck the woman, then choked her until she was unconscious. After raping the woman, he fled the scene, according to police.
Venegas Del Muro is also being held on an ICE detainer. Such a detainer, issued by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency, usually indicates a person is suspected of being in the country illegally.