PennDOT is recruiting workers for road work openings. The department has the following openings available:
- Winter temporary and permanent CDL operator (starting pay is $21.00/hr.)
- Diesel and construction equipment mechanic (starting pay is $25.91/hr.)
- Transportation equipment operator trainee (starting pay is $19.38/hr.)
- Automotive mechanic (starting pay is $22.80/hr.)
Job fairs are scheduled in Cumberland, Adams, Dauphin, Lebanon, Lancaster and Perry Counties this month and in September in an effort to beef up area state road crews in preparation for winter weather.
Staff will be available at these recruiting events to discuss current and future openings for CDL operators, who must have a valid Pennsylvania (PA) CDL Class A or B with no restrictions, and diesel and construction equipment mechanics, who must have a valid CDL and a PA Class 7 inspector mechanic certification. Both positions also require a current medical examiner certificate.
On-the-spot applications, interviews, and driving skills testing will take place. Applicants need to bring their current CDL license and medical examiners card.
Laptops and staff will be on hand to help interested participants navigate the new electronic application system. Human Resources staff will be on-hand to discuss benefit options and opportunities for permanent employment.
PennDOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting workforce diversity. To learn more about commonwealth employment opportunities, please visit: www.employment.pa.gov.
PennDOT recruiting events
- Adams County: 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday, Sept. 9 at the Adams County Maintenance Office, 1185 Fairfield Road, Gettysburg PA 17325. Call 717-450-2223 for information;
- Cumberland County: 8-2 p.m. Friday, Aug. 26 at the Cumberland County Maintenance Office, 40 Army Heritage Drive, Carlisle PA 17013.
- Dauphin County: 8-2 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 17 at the Dauphin County Maintenance Office, 2140 Herr Street, Harrisburg PA 17013. For more information, call 717-787-5391;
- Lancaster County Maintenance Office, 2105 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, noon-6 p.m. Aug. 24. Call 717-299-7621 for information;
- Lebanon County: 8-6 p.m. Friday, Aug. 19 at the Lebanon County Maintenance Office, 1445 Cumberland Street, Lebanon PA 17042. For more information, call 717-450-2223.
- Perry County: 8-2 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 23 at the Perry County Maintenance Office, 413 W. Main Street, New Bloomfield PA 17068.