Downtown Chambersburg: Small business Saturday coming up
Chambersburg’s Downtown Business Council and F&M Trust will sponsor a Small Business Saturday this year on November 28.
Small Business Saturday is an effort to counter Black Friday’s big box store shopping. It encourages consumers to patronize locally owned businesses during one of the busiest shopping periods of the year – Thanksgiving weekend.
Downtown Chambersburg Inc. is once again coordinating specials and promotions to celebrate local businesses for Small Business Saturday.
Shop Small Giveaways promotes shopping downtown that weekend. Shoppers will have a chance to earn part of $2,500 in Downtown Dollars by simply shopping downtown. They must present a receipt for $25 or more dated November 27 or November 28 from a Downtown Chambersburg business to take part in the promotion.
Present your receipt from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in front of F&M Trust (20 S. Main Street) on the Square of Chambersburg to receive your giveaway. Due to COVID 19, DCI is dividing the $2,500 giveaway into three pots.
Each pot of giveaways will last 1 hour and 30 mins (10 AM – 11:30 AM; 11:45 AM – 1:15 PM; 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM).
What are Downtown Dollars?
They are vouchers to use just like cash at participating downtown businesses on Small Business Saturday for the amount identified on the voucher. $10, $20, and $50 Downtown Dollar Vouchers will be given out – plus one lucky shopper will draw “The Golden Ticket” worth $100 in Downtown Dollars.
Giveaway Rules and Restrictions:
- Shoppers must present a receiptof $25 or more from a downtownChambersburgbusiness dated November 27 or 28, 2020 to be eligible to participate in the giveaway drawing.
- Downtown businesses are those located in the central core district which reaches North to the Towers at Falling Spring, South to Washington Street, East to Third Street, and West to the Rail Trail (also includes Texas Lunch, GearHouse Brewing Company, RoyPitz, Nathan Miller Chocolate, JanZellWines and Jim’s Farmers Market).
- Giveaways begin at 10 a.m. and end at 3 p.m. or when all Downtown Dollars have been distributed, whichever comes first.
- Giveaways take place in three windows: 10-11:30 a.m.; 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m.; 1:30-3 p.m.
- Limit one per household.
- Downtown Dollars are valid only at businesses listed on the voucher.
- Downtown Dollars are valid only on November 28, 2020.
- Each voucher must be spent at one business; no change will be given for purchases less than the Downtown Dollar amount.
- Downtown Dollars are not redeemable for cash.
- Business owners and employees are not eligible to use Downtown Dollars for purchases from their own business.
Sponsors for this event
- Downtown Business Council of Chambersburg,
- F&M Trust,
- FirstEnergy Foundation
- Franklin County Visitors Bureau