Downtown Business Council of Chambersburg and F&M Trust is sponsoring Small Business Saturday on Nov. 30.
Its a fact that one of the busiest shopping periods of the year is Thanksgiving weekend, beginning on what has become known as Black Friday.
In an effort to counter Black Friday’s big box store shopping, Small Business Saturday encourages consumers to patronize locally owned businesses.
Downtown Chambersburg Inc. coordinates specials and promotions to celebrate local businesses for Small Business Saturday on Nov. 30.
Shoppers show receipts for $25 or more from a downtown business to be eligible for part of $2,500 in Downtown Dollars to be given away that day. Only receipts Shoppers present receipts from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in front of F&M Trust on the Square of Chambersburg to take part in the giveaway.
What are Downtown Dollars?
Downtown Dollars vouchers are used just like cash at participating downtown businesses on Small Business Saturday. Vouchers for $10, $20, and $50 will be given out. One lucky shopper will draw “The Golden Ticket” worth $100 in Downtown Dollars!
Giveaway Rules and Restrictions
- A receipt of $25 or more from a downtown Chambersburg business dated November 30, 2019 must be shown for eligibility to participate in the giveaway drawing.
- Giveaways begin at 10 a.m. and end at 2 p.m. or when all Downtown Dollars have been distributed, whichever comes first.
- Limit one per household.
- Downtown Dollars are valid only at businesses listed on the voucher.
- Downtown Dollars are valid only on November 30, 2019.
- Each Downtown Dollars voucher must be spent at one business; no change will be given for purchases less than the Downtown Dollar amount.
- Downtown Dollars are not redeemable for cash.
- Business owners and employees are not eligible to use Downtown Dollars for purchases from their own business.