Freshman Spotlight on Summer Sellers: This Q&A will serve as a get to know you series for our Penn State Mont Alto spring freshman student-athletes. She is a graduate of CASD’s Career Magnet School.
Why did you choose to attend Mont Alto?
- It’s close to home, offered the major I was looking for and offered me the opportunity to continue playing softball.
If you could change one thing from your first year, what would it be and why?
- I would want to play our softball season in it’s entirety. The season was just getting started when the COVID-19 pandemic began.
What is your major and why?
- I chose Nursing because I want to be light in someone’s darkest moments.
What has been your favorite course at Mont Alto and why?
- Anatomy and physiology has been my favorite because it is challenging and interactive.
What is your favorite inspirational quote and who said it?
- “I can do all things through Christ for strengthens me.” -Philippians 4:13
What is the hardest part of your sport?
- The hardest part of my sport is picking myself up when I fail.
Name one obstacle or form of adversity you have had to overcome.
- I had to overcome the limitations I set for myself.
What advice do you have for a prospective Mont Alto student-athlete?
- Don’t underestimate yourself. It’s challenging to work, play a sport, and go to college, but it is not impossible. You’ll be glad you gave it a try.
Frank Maira is Assistant Director of Athletics/SID at Penn State Mont Alto