Man cannot live on bread alone, so why not spice it up with a bit of chili. This three-bean chili is hot, spicy and the flavor will explode in your mouth. Put it in a Bear Bread Bowl and you have a full meal.
Three Amigos Bread Bowl Chili
Ingredients for the Chili:
- 2-3 lbs ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 1-2 tbs minced fresh garlic
- ½-1 tsp pepper
- 1-15 oz. can light red kidney beans drained
- 1-15 oz. can dark red kidney beans drained
- 1-15 oz. can black beans drained
- 1-6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1-28 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1-15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1-15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 tbs prepared mustard
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- dash hot sauce
- ½ cup Chili Powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 12 oz. bottle beer
Ingredients for Bread:
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tbs baking powder
- 3 tbs sugar
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1- 12 oz. bottle beer room temperature
- ½ stick butter melted
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic powder
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, onion, garlic, salt and pepper until nicely browned.
- Drain well and place in a slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for at least 4 hours.
- The flavor will improve with extra time.
Bread Bowl Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the beer and stir until blended.
- Cut batter into 4 even parts and roll into 4 bread balls.
- Put in a lightly-greased 5 X 9 pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the bread from the oven and pour the butter mixture over the top.
- Allow the bread to rest in the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing.
- The bread is easier to slice when cool.