Two people were reportedly attacked and injured in a Sunday afternoon home invasion in Waynesboro.
Waynesboro Police Department Officers responded to a report of a home invasion and stabbing at about 4 p.m. Sunday at a residence on Harrison Avenue. Police said one or two masked individuals forced entry into the home.
First responders transported one resident to Meritus Medical Center in Hagerstown. Md. with 13 stab wounds. Medical personnel at Waynesboro Hospital emergency room treated a second resident for a leg injury.
One assailant potentially remained within the residence, according to reports. Police established a perimeter and a tactical team from the State Police assisted in a search for the assailant. Police cleared the scene after no one was located inside. Preliminary investigation indicated no continued threat to the community.
This incident remains an active investigation. Any one with information about the incident is asked to contact the Waynesboro Police at 717-762-2131.
Officers from the following agencies assisted Waynesboro Police with the investigation:
- Washington Township Police Department,
- Pennsylvania State Police,
- Waynesboro Volunteer Fire Department and fire police,
- The forensic support unit from the Franklin County Coroner’s office,
- Medic 2,
- The Waynesboro ambulance company and
- The mobile command unit from the Franklin County Department of Emergency Services.
Sourced via CRIMEWATCH®