Our weekly jobs roundup and report is resuming in June, as Franklin County joins our neighboring counties in the state’s COVID-19 mitigation progran’s “yellow” status and businesses reopen.
Information for this feature is gleaned from job listings at various websites and social media posts as well as postings sent directly to Franklin County Free Press.
Employers who would like to list their job openings in this column should email [email protected] with complete information, including job descriptions, pay scales and contact information. Please include application information.
Here are some current job listings:
Fayetteville Construction is seeking experienced and safety-oriented construction equipment operators. Applicants should be able to safely and efficiently operate and maintain a variety of equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a variety of equipment such as: skid loaders, backhoes, track loaders, dozers, mini and full size excavators, grader, and vibratory rollers in both rough and fine grade assignments in accordance with company procedures and safety regulations.
- Perform varied semi-skilled tasks that may involve physical labor for building, highway and construction, excavation, and demolition projects.
- Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on vehicles and equipment such as checking fluids, tires, tracks, etc
- Ensure proper operation of equipment by performing regular checks on their functionality.
- Report any needs for larger repairs to the foreman. Regularly clean equipment to preserve its quality and functionality.
- Commit to the overall safety of the work place environment by always taking extra precautions to work with the utmost care and consideration.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience working with heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of proper operation of heavy equipment as well as safety standards.
- Ability to maintain, inspect, and clean pieces of heavy equipment.
- Able to read and understand warning signs and labels on the construction site and equipment.
- Keen attention to detail and situational awareness to maintain the safety of the work place environment.
- Strong work ethic and physical ability to lift 50+ pounds.
- Able to interpret plans, drawings, written instructions and specifications is “a plus.”
- Possession of a commercial driver’s license or a willingness to obtain the license is “a plus.”
- Training/Certifications such as: CPR/First Aid training, Flagging, DOT/Alcohol, Plumbers license is “a plus.”
Cumberland Valley Animal Shelter
CVAS is hiring for an Animal Intake Receptionist. It is a part time position, 34 hours per week, including Saturdays. Pay is $8 an hour.
This position requires excellent face-to-face and phone communication skills. Data entry and attention to detail are essential. Please call the shelter at 717-263-5791 to receive an application.
CVAS’ thrift store is hiring a part time sales clerk . Store clerk will be responsible for sorting donations, stocking the store and running a cash register. Lifting and bending may be required.
Please call the store at 717-261-1996 for more information.
Salary: $7.25 /hour
CVAS is also looking for part-time kennel technicians. requirements are a love of animals. pay is minimummm wage. Contact the shelter at shelter at 717-263-5791.
CVAS needs volunteer greeters to an its front desk and help visitors, especially on Saturdays. This is an unpaid volunteer position. To apply, clich here.
Tender Hearted Services
This Greencastle-based service provides non-medical care to individuals with physical and intelligical needs both in their home and to take them out to various activities.
They are looking for employees to fill shifts from 6:15-9 a.m. and 2-5 p.m. in the Chambersburg area and 20 a.m.-5 p.m. in Greencastle.
- All employees earn paid time off, even part-timers
- off all major holidays
- home evenings
- Competitive pay
- Mileage @ 40 cent a mile to transport clients
this is a small company providing unlicensed non-medical care, so there is no requirement for certifications or licenses. Openings available for part-time summer help.
Call 717-597-9320 or email [email protected] to set up an interview.